The California State Seal of Biliteracy is awarded to high school graduates who have attained a high level of proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in one or more languages, in addition to English.
To earn the California State Seal of Biliteracy in 2022-2023, graduating seniors must meet the following English requirements:
- GPA of 2.0 in 40 credits of ‘B’ credit English - and -
- Level 3 or “standard met” on 11th grade SBAC-ELA - and -
- 4 on ELPAC for English learners
To earn the language other than English requirement, students must earn one of the following:
- 3 or higher on AP language exam; or
- Overall GPA of 3.0 on 4th year World Language/AP course, and demonstration of oral proficiency in the language comparable to that required to pass an AP exam.
- District test score of proficient or higher (Arabic, Vietnamese, Korean, Russian, Filipino)
To register to take an assessment administered by SFUSD Multilingual Pathways Department in Arabic, Filipino, Korean, Russian, or Vietnamese, students should complete this form by March 2, 2023.
In-person testing will take place on March 18, 2023 at the Curriculum & Instruction Offices, Multilingual Pathways Department (750 25th Avenue).
If you have any questions about the Seal of Biliteracy, please contact Amy Gottesfeld, email@example.com