Above and Beyond Leadership and Education is hosting a free online educational college workshop to help students and families achieve their college goals.
This is an introductory course designed for families needing to learn the best first steps in the college admissions and financial funding process.
In this workshop, you will hear from leading industry experts:
- How you can prepare for college during our current situation, and tips for getting the most out of your college visit
- The financial aid eligibility formula
- Tips you will need to understand how to receive the maximum grants, scholarships, and financial aid in college!
- How most students can become eligible for financial aid; even if you think you cannot qualify for financial aid based on your family’s high income or high assets
- Understand cost-effective options to fund college and ways to avoid costly pitfalls without putting a strain on your retirement and the rest of your family finances
You will also learn:
- What factors to consider when choosing a major and selecting a college
- How to attend an expensive private college for less than a state school
- How to pick the right schools that will give you the best financial aid packages
- How the US Department of Education calculates your Student Aid Index (SAI)/Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and which assets are taken into consideration
- How to create a plan to pay for college in any economy without relying on 529 plans, expensive private student loans, or raiding your retirement accounts
- How to lower your “out-of-pocket” costs and get the maximum amount of financial aid from each school and how to increase your college-related tax deductions and tax credits
- How to find peace of mind by accessing the best resources
Saturday, Oct. 7 at 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Pacific Time
Online via Zoom
- Text: 925-364-5298
SFUSD neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity described in this announcement. This distribution is provided as a community service.