2023 School Planning Summit Opening Presentation
Watch our 2023 School Summit Opening Presentation where district leaders spoke to our:
- Commitment to Achieving our Mission, Organizational Excellence and Working as ONE TEAM
- Instructional Coherence & Anti-Racist Org. Culture
- Balancing Our Budget
- Engaging in the Planning Process
View the recording: https://bit.ly/2023SummitPlenary
School Planning Summit
The School Planning Summit provides the opportunity to work together as a team on your School Plan for Student Achievement and budget for the 2023-24 school year.
Virtual School Planning Summit: Saturday, March 4, 2023
- Hear about SFUSD's priorities, programs, and services for 2023-24
- Help develop your school's priorities and plans for next year
- Learn about funding and other resources to serve your students
The School Planning Summit will be broadcast from the Board of Education room and SSC teams will meet via Zoom or in-person at their school sites. (See below for date, time and location of school SSC meetings.)
2023 School Planning Summit Opening Session:
Recording link: https://bit.ly/2023SummitPlenary
School Meeting Times (Updates in process)
Early Ed & Elementary Schools
|Alice Fong Yu|
|Buena Vista Horace Mann|
|Revere, Paul||March 7||5-7pm||https://sfusd.zoom.us/j/83584918787|
|SF Community||March 4||9am-12pm||In-person|
|Denman, James||March 7||5-7pm||In-person|
|King, Dr. Martin L.|
|Lick, James||March 8||3-5pm||https://sfusd.zoom.us/j/89838016282|
|Asawa School of the Arts||March 9||4:30-6:30pm||https://sfusd.zoom.us/j/88603424385?pwd=SEtzSkFWYytrKzFBSldxSU1oSnVEQT09|
|Burton, Philip & Sala||March 7||4:30-6:30pm||In-person|
|Jordan, June||March 9||5-7pm||https://sfusd.zoom.us/j/82034828623|
|Lincoln, Abraham||March 8||3-5:30pm|
|Marshall, Thurgood||March 4||10:30-12:30||In person|
In person (Library)
|O'Connell, John||March 8||5-6:30pm||https://sfusd.zoom.us/j/87394317444?pwd=TzBPNUMxL21kelIxUE5WTWNwMXIyQT09|
In-person Room 205
|The Academy SF at McAteer||March 7||5-6pm||https://sfusd.zoom.us/j/82530698996|
|Wallenberg, Raoul||March 4||10am-12pm||https://sfusd.zoom.us/j/86199057281?pwd=YjhTYVZGV25UMjRXVFB5YXl6QmplQT09|
|Washington, George||March 4||10am-12pm||https://sfusd.zoom.us/j/89286069714?pwd=d1dPL3VvYkFSTXlxOVFZRDUzaUZJUT09|
|Wells, Ida B.||March 4||11am-1pm||In-person|
Resources for Community Meetings & Site Planning
Who Should Attend?
- Site leaders
- School staff
- Parent advisory groups
- Members of School Site Councils
- Community partners
Talk to your school's principal about how you can participate!
What to Expect (the School Planning Process)
These are the steps in the school planning process:
- Review data about your school and students and reflect on how your school is doing to support students to succeed. Examples of information you can review include:
- Academic assessments
- Online engagement / attendance and tech access
- Student, family and staff school climate surveys, and Wellness Checks
- Based on that data, set goals and identify priorities for the next school year. What are the programs, services, and other resources your school wants to focus on to reach these goals?
- Beginning in mid-February, look at how the initial school budget allocations can best support these goals and priorities.
Family Partnership Tool Kits
SFUSD's Family Partnership Toolkit includes checklists, tips and facilitation guides related to Leadership, Governance and Site Planning. School, family and community members are encouraged to make use of these resources in the weeks leading up to the Summit event - and throughout the year.
School Site Councils 101
Find general information about School Site Councils, an important leadership team for each school.
This page was last updated on March 7, 2023