Climate Action Resources and Opportunities
Professional Learning Communities
Climate Justice & YOU Series
Scientific Literacy Through Climate Justice
Interdisciplinary Climate Action Projects in HS Chemistry
Climate change is a crisis already affecting people across the world. Educating current students will help prepare them to understand and take action now and in the future. As part of SFUSD's Chemistry curriculum, we integrated climate change throughout the spring semester and created 4 projects to encourage students to take action in the wider world.
Climate Resilience Curricular Resources
Would your school like to leverage outdoor learning as a transformative teaching tool that benefits students' academic performance, social and emotional well-being, and physical health? And improves staff morale?
Community Based Partners: Field Trips and More!
SFUSD celebrates the vast array of local partners who offer programming to our students through field studies, guest presentations, virtual workshops, and supplemental curriculum to transform learning and use the city as our classroom.
Check out these databases to connect with local partners for field studies:
- California Environmental Literacy Inititative (CAELI) Community Based Partner Hub; find a new field trip and get connected with a statewide network.
- Park Youth Exchange Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA) Partner Hub: find a new field trip in your local park!
Or build a relationship in person (or Zoom!) with these partners for a single-visit or a long term partnership!
- Y-PLAN: collaborate with civic leaders to tackle real-world problems in our students’ communities
- Mycelium Youth Network: partner with a team dedicated to growing visionary leaders and budding environmentalists
- Youth vs. Apocalypse: invite a young, Bay Area climate activist to present to your students about climate justice.
- Greenaction for Health and Environmental Justice: introduce your students to activists who promote environmental, social, economic and climate justice in Bayview Hunters Point and beyond.
This page was last updated on April 28, 2023