In San Francisco Unified School District, Computer Science is for everyone. We envision each and every student engaging in computer science in ways that are humanizing, creative, interactive, and expressive.
- Every day we provide each and every student the quality instruction and equitable support required to thrive in the 21st century.
- Computer science is using the power of computers to solve our problems and express ourselves.
- Computer science will support students to build capacity for their knowledge and love of self, solidarity with the most marginalized, and self-determination.
- Students are able to choose appropriate computer science tools to create personally relevant and open-ended solutions.
- Students will collaborate with one another, computers, and people they are designing for.
- Students’ academic success in Computer Science must not be predictable on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender or gender expression, socioeconomic status, home language or English language proficiency, religion, sexual orientation, or special needs.
This page was last updated on December 12, 2023