Installing the CA Secure Browser for Windows
If you have a Personal Windows Computer
Requires Windows operating system requirements: Windows 8, 8.1, or 10
- Click this link to download the Secure Browser for Windows.
Note: when you download the file, you may see a warning about downloading potentially harmful files from the internet, but the secure browser program is safe to download and run.
- Depending on the web browser you are using, you will take one of these steps to open the Secure Browser Setup wizard:
If you are presented with a choice to run or save the installation file, select the [Run] button.
If you are presented only with the option to save the installation file, save it where you can find it.
- Then, double-click the installation file that was downloaded (named CASecureBrowserX.X-YYYY-MM-DD.msi) to run it. (the X.X.-YYYY-MM-DD will display the current year, month, day in numbers)
- Follow the instructions in the setup wizard on your screen. When you are prompted for setup type, select the [Install] button.
- Select the [Finish] button to exit the setup wizard. A shortcut icon named [CASecureBrowser] should have been added to the computer’s desktop.
- Run the secure browser by double-clicking the [CASecureBrowser] shortcut icon on the desktop. The secure browser opens, displaying the student logon screen. The secure browser fills the entire screen and hides the taskbar.
To exit the secure browser, select the “X” in the upper-right corner of the screen.
This page was last updated on July 6, 2022