Happy New Year MEC families!
I hope you all had felices fiestas and that you and your child were able to spend some quality time together.
It is hard to believe we are already in 2022 and in the Spring semester! It is good to be on campus and back in my routine. The first thing I noticed besides the beautiful smiles on your children's faces was that they have grown so much! Wow!
I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you to please get your child to school on time.Classes start at 8:40 each day. Classes end at 2:55 every day with the exception of Wednesdays classes end at 1:40pm. Please be on time to pick up your child.
We are all working hard and diligently to remain safe from any illnesses. Please, if your child is sick, do not send them to school. First, if they don't feel well very little learning will take place and secondly, if they present with a Covid symptom, you will be asked to pick them up immediately and they will need to isolate and/or get a Covid test. Then depending on circumstances they will need a negative covid test to return to school. You can find all of the updated Covid guidelines on the district web page.
I am wishing you a wonderful week and if you celebrate, Feliz Dia de los Reyes!
Family Stories Workshop- Thursday, Jan 13
We are very happy to be back! Reading Workshop next Thursday, January 13 at 8:45 am and don't forget to bring your book.
Good Samaritan Family Services Programs
- Abriendo Puertas – Wednesdays, February 2nd- April 20th, 10:00am -11:30am Virtual Group-Leadership Building focuses on popular education model – motivating parents involvement/advocacy in their child’s education.
- Cafe&Pan – Wednesdays, January 26th - February 23rd- 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.- Virtual Support Group- focus on Learning to identify your emotions & socializing techniques.
- Crece, Aprende y Descubre – Tuesdays, March 8th- May 24th, – Virtual Gorup- Parent/Child Interactive Workshop for infants (0–12 months) 12:00pm –1:00pm, and for Toddlers (12–36 months) 10:00am –11:00am.
- CANAS – Wednesdays, February 2nd- May 4th, 6:00pm-7:30pm – In Person - Parenting class for parents with teens.
- Creciendo con Libros – Thursdays, February 8th- May 17th, – Virtual Group- Parent/Child Interactive Workshop – Infants (0–18 months) 9:30am–10:30am, and Toddlers (18–36 months) 11:00am–12:00pm.
- Crianza con Cariño – Saturdays, February 5th- May7th, 10:00am-12:00pm – In Person- Parenting class for parents with children 0-5.
- Exploremos Juntos – Thursdays, February 3rd- May 12th,– Virtual Gorup- Parent/Child Interactive Workshop for infants (0–12 months) 12:00pm –1:00pm, and for Toddlers (12–36 months) 10:00am –11:00am.
- Horas Felices – Fridays, February 4th - May 6th, 10:00am-11:30am – In Person- Support Group for Mother’s – Focus on Stress Reduction, Community Building, and more.I
- Infant Massage - Thursdays, January 27th - March 24th, 11:00am-12:00am - Virtual Group- Parent/child Interactive - Babies (0-12 months).
- Kids’ Turn – Tuesdays, April 5th – May 10th, 6:30pm-8:00pm – In Person- Class for Parents who are divorced or separated and their children 5+
- Peregrinxs – Mondays, April 4th - May 9th, 10:00am-11:30am – In Person- Support Group for Newcomers – Focus on Asylum Immigration process
- Unidas y Fuertes – Wednesdays, March 16th - May 25th, 10:30am-11:30am – Virtual Group- Support Group for Mother’s – Focus on Stress Reduction, Community Building, and more.
For more information call at 415- 401-4253
This page was last updated on August 30, 2022