October 3, 2022
We hope this finds you all healthy! October has arrived and we are well into our school routines. I enjoy my daily classroom visits and seeing what our students learn! So many children are starting to crack the reading code. It is so thrilling to see.
Our school focus this year is on writing and we are anxious to see writing development throughout the year. I am so excited about this focus as writing was one of my favorite subjects to teach when I was a classroom teacher.
Here are a few announcements and essential information for you to know:
- The gates on the 1st floor close at 8:40 AM. If your child arrives after 8:40 AM, please bring your child to the main entrance on the 2nd floor and check in at the office.
- Kindergarten to 5th-grade students will be issued a Chromebook for the school year. Some teachers will be sending them home for projects or homework. Please do not put any personal information on it. Information on district equipment is visible to the district and therefore not private.
- ZOOM! Please learn how to use Zoom on your telephones, tablets, or computers. We have several upcoming parent workshops that will be presented on Zoom. If you need assistance, please come to the office and we can help you.
- FRIDAY is Walk & Roll to school. This year, we will meet at the corner of 30th and Church at 7:50 AM. The teachers will be there and we will all walk to school! It should be a lot of fun.
- Friday, October 14, we will be celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month. Please see attached flyers. The event starts at 2 PM on the schoolyard. Please bring a typical plate from your country of origin to share. There will be music and cultural activities. This is an opportunity to show off clothing that represents your country of origin.
- Parenting series,”Crianza Consciente En Comunidad,serie de talleres presentado por LatinX Parenting en Zoom. Los Martes Octubre 18,25 Nove. 1,8,15,29 5:30-7. See attached flyer.
- Save the date: Saturday, October 22 SFUSD Enrollment Fair
Have an amazing week!
Carla A Llewelyn-Vasquez, Principal
415-695-5313 MEC 415-930-0508 Cell
What's Happening At MEC This Week
|No school on Monday||Early release day @ 1:40 PM||Hispanic Heritage Celebration @11 AM|
Bright Spots at MEC !
Author Jorge Tetl Argueta visited our Kinder/First grade class on Friday,October 7. He read his beautiful book Agua,Aguita/ Water,Little Water and shared a copy with each student. Wow! It was a magical presentation.
Thank you to Jorge and our amazing MEC Madrinas for sharing such an amazing experience and book. Yes,water is life!
Friday,October 7,2022,Author, Jorge Tetl Argueta, and MEC Madrinas presented Agua,Aguita to our Kinder/First grade class.
Students getting their books autographed.
Photo of the book.
This page was last updated on October 26, 2022