Details, Dates, & Forms
How do I begin?
Print and complete the following application materials and begin work on your portfolio (if required):
- Application Form
- Student Essay (1 - 2 pages) In your own voice tell us "how art has shaped your world view". Be specific regarding the department you are applying to.
- Recommendation Form Ask an art teacher, or anyone who can speak to your artistic potential, to complete and return to you. They may choose to seal the recommendation in an envelope and sign it across the back, or simply return it to you. Do it early!
- Portfolio - ONLY if applying to: Architecture + Design, Creative Writing, Media and Film Art, Spoken Arts, Technical Theater, or Visual Art.
Mark these these important dates and deadlines in your calendar:
- School Tour Dates: Mondays, Oct. 7, Oct. 28, or November 18, 2019, 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm, Dan Kryston Memorial Theater (on campus)
- Asawa SOTA application and portfolio deadline: Friday, December 13, 2019
- SFUSD application deadline: Friday, January 17, 2020
- Audition dates: Saturdays, February 1 or February 8, 2020 (times TBD)
- Audition results (via email): Friday, March 20, 2020
- SFUSD assignment letters mailed: Friday, March 20, 2020
- Registration deadline: Friday, April 10, 2020