Free Financial Guidance and Services
SFUSD employees now have access to free financial coaching and resources provided by BALANCE. Flip through the cards below to learn about some of the benefits BALANCE has available and to find a link to SFUSD's BALANCE website.
Financial Coach Hotline
- Speak with a professional financial counselor
- Work with the same counselor for continuity
- Toll free number: 855-468-1480
Specialized Counseling Sessions
- Debt Management
- Money Management
- Credit Report Review
- Housing/Rent Education
- Identity Theft Counseling
- Student Loan Counseling
- Financial Health Check-up
- Checking Account Management
Online Instruction-Based Learning
The BALANCE program has three educational modules available that are also tools to track financial progress:
- BalanceTrack--includes a wide array of materials to assist with maintaining financial balance.
- MyBalance--to create a budget plan that helps achieve financial goals.
- Get In Balance--managing checking accounts.
Because these tools are personalized, you will be asked to create a username and password for your security.
Online Resources and Toolkits
In addition to financial coaching, BALANCE also makes available a number of online tools and other resources:
Smart Money Coaches at the SFPL
After working with a Hotline counselor, arrangements can also be made for in-person coaching at the San Francisco Public Library covering topics such as:
- Navigate sudden changes to income or expenses
- Access Child Tax Credit, stimulus payments, and other pandemic relief
- Request lower payments from creditors and/or suspend payments due to financial hardship
- Reduce debt and negotiate interest rates
- Find out eligibility for public benefits
- Establish or improve credit scores
- Save for the future
This page was last updated on September 25, 2023