College and Career Readiness
Within SFUSD's Division of Curriculum and Instruction, the Office of College and Career Readiness (CCR) provides direct services to students and supports teachers and counselors to increase likelihood of students’ post-secondary success in college and career.
Implements SFUSD’s Graduate Program. We have two teams, Extended Learning Support and College Pathways
We offer innovative programming and help schools rethink the traditional school day.
Serves Targeted Student Population
Some CCR programs are open to all students with focus on underrepresented students. With a laser focus on whom we serve, participation in CCR programs reflects the district’s demographics.
Reimagined Time & Space
College and Career Readiness works with schools to create master schedules which incorporate impactful courses (AVID, AVID Excel, CTE electives) and work-based learning experiences. CCR also focuses outside of regular school, establishing a robust third (summer) semester.
Ready for career? Ready for life?
CCR provides a paid meaningful work-based learning experiences including internships, many linked with a City College of San Francisco course.
Systems of Support
CCR effectively serve students, teachers, counselors, and administrators through key structures:
- Site coordinators and centrally-assigned staff embedded in schools
- Instructional resources and counseling support for students
- Strategic program implementation and hiring of staff
- Data-driven decision-making
Our theory of action to build an on-ramp to postsecondary success
By offering innovative programming and helping schools re-think the traditional school day, College & Career Readiness is building an on-ramp to post-secondary success, where students:
- Graduate high school
- Successfully participate in Early College, Career Pathways, Work-Based Learning and/or College Preparation Courses
- While attending college, work (as necessary) in a career field with potential for advancement
- Earn a college degree
This page was last updated on December 8, 2023