The Summer 2024 SFUSD Interest Form Will Open February 1, 2024
Most of College and Career Programs' internships and summer programs are connected to a City College of San Francisco (CCSF) course, so you'll also earn college credit while gaining work experience. Some programs have a $599 stipend for the summer, while others are paid $18.93/hour.
Most programs last a 6-week period. Some internships may be extended to 9 weeks. Programs are available for all current SFUSD high school students who will be 14 or older by 6/1/24.
*Sophomores and juniors (during school year 2023-2024) have the most options for internships.
*Few internships are available for ninth graders...your best chance is to apply to intern with children/youth, as there are more opportunities.
*Most internships are working with youth and allow you to explore careers in that field. A limited number of internships may be available in other career fields working in offices. These internship opportunities may include art, animation, architecture, biotech, health, computer science, culinary, gardening, etc.
If the program you choose has an in-person CCSF course, you will have to provide proof of vaccination.
The Summer 2024 SFUSD Interest Form will be posted on February 1, 2024.
What Happens After Completing the Summer 2023 Interest Form?
After you submit a completed Summer 2023 Interest Form...
- If chosen, someone from the SFUSD Internship, Work Based Learning, or Early College team will reach out to you by email, prior to Spring Break 2023. If you do not hear back from College & Career Programs by March 24, 2023, you should look for other opportunities outside of SFUSD.
- In the invitation email, you will be invited to a mandatory two-part SFUSD Hiring & CCSF Application Session, which will be held in January, February, March and/or April. At these help sessions, you will receive support to apply to CCSF and complete the hiring process.
- At the CCSF application sessions, you will complete the CCSF Application; if you have applied to CCSF before, please track down your CCSF ID (starts with a "W" or a "@"). If you have never applied before, you will need to have a non-SFUSD personal email address.
For Hourly Paid Internships Only:
- Once you have been assigned a hiring session, you will need to obtain the necessary items if you have them (including a signed Social Security Card or Valid US Passport + Social Security Number). If you do not have a Social Security Number, we will provide other instructions.
- You are encouraged to open up a Bank Account (if you don't already have one), as we suggest Direct Deposit vs. being mailed your check.
- Once you have completed all of the Summer Internship Enrollment Steps, you will be offered a final internship placement and work schedule.
- If you do not come to the hiring session, or do not come prepared with your documentation, you may be moved to the next round of placements, if any, that will be offered on a space available basis. If there are no further hiring sessions available, you may lose your opportunity to participate this summer.
Office of College and Career Readiness
Bay Area Work Based Learning Opportunities
Our resource padlet, supported by the Bay Area Community College Consortium, offers opportunities for students and education professionals to learn and grow through career fairs/speakers, industry-specific webinars and job shadows, teacher professional development, and virtual events from local partners.
This page was last updated on August 22, 2023