What will I see in the Family Portal (ParentVUE)?
Once logged in, your Home page will show:
- "My Account" on the upper right hand corner where you can update your contact information
- District Notifications. Click on the speaker icon to maximize.
- "Student card" on the upper left hand corner. If you have multiple students in the district, click and change to view information for a specific student.
- Recent messages. Click on the links to take you to the Messages section.
- Language options. Click English and select your preferred language. You are also able to change the language in the mobile app before logging in.
- Menu tab with links to various areas of the portal.
From the web browser or your mobile app, please click on the following menu options to view the following:
- Messages - view messages sent from your student's teachers to you. You can also see these messages from your email inbox. The system currently does not allow you to reply from here, but here's how you can email school staff.
- Calendar - lists school and district events, including assignments (due, missing, or without grades).
- Attendance - displays attendance information for the student in focus. The legend below shows what each icon means.
- Class Schedule - for secondary students, view the student's schedule. It will lists period, course title, room name, and teacher.
- Class Websites - displays information created by the teacher. This will show blank if the teacher is not using this tab.
- Course History - displays a "transcript" of all the selected student's courses and grades (for students from grades 6-12).
- Grade Book - click a Grading period on the top right to see classes and scores from that Grading period. Click on a course Title to see the detailed assignments and scores for that course. You may also click on a teacher's name to email them directly.
- Report Card - shows term grades and progress reports during the term.
- School Information - lists the School Address, Phone Number, Website, and a list of current staff with email addresses.
- Student Info - shows student information including student username and default password to log in to Gmail and StudentVUE.
- State Tests - student's California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) scores are now available in the web browser. This feature is not available in the mobile app yet.
- Documents - previous report cards are posted here and can be downloaded as PDF.