About Student Nutrition Services
Student Nutrition Services (SNS) is committed to providing students the equitable support they need to succeed in the classroom and beyond, by keeping them nourished along the way.
Need assistance? Contact us, we're here to help. Call 415-340-1716 or email SchoolLunch@sfusd.edu.
Thanks to California Meals for All, all school meals will continue to be offered for free to all students in the 2022-23 school year.
Visit sfusd.edu/schoolfood for more information.
Additional Information and Resources
Meals for School Staff
Meals are available for purchase for SFUSD Staff. Set up an account at SchoolCafe.com following these instructions. Upload money online or provide a check to your Dining Staff.
Field Trip Meals
Bagged lunches can be requested for field trips. Information on the Field Trip Communication Process can be found in the At-a-Glance Field Trip Guide. Please visit the Field Trip Transportation Services webpage for more information. Bag lunch requests must be approved by your school administrator two weeks in advance.
Breakfast in the Classroom Resources
This Breakfast in the Classroom Resources Google Drive folder houses up-to-date resources for teachers and school staff at sites with Breakfast in the Classroom. Resources include: recorded BIC school staff training, training powerpoint, Recology posters, student breakfast roles, best practices, complete breakfast cheat sheets, and more!
Multipurpose Family Income Form (MFIF)
- View MFIF Key Dates
- MFIF toolkit to increase your school funding and help families access other benefits
- Families can apply online for school eligibility benefits at sfusd.edu/MFIF.
- You can now assist families by submitting the form on their behalf! On SchoolCafe.com, enter San Francisco USD under "Need to Create an Account?" and click "Go to my District". On the next page, click "Apply for Benefits (as a guest)".
- Go to Synergy to view report #58 (Students MFIF not on File), which includes parent contact information.
- View Instructions & Tips for families (provided in English, Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese).
- A small number of paper forms will be available at each school site.
- The school meals program does not apply to the “public charge” rule. School meals are available regardless of citizenship status. A social security number is not required. Contact the Student Family Resource Line at FamilyLink@sfusd.edu or 415-340-1716 with questions.
- SNS cannot share student’s eligibility with staff. Student eligibility must be kept confidential and only be used for educational purposes. SFUSD Board of Education policy limits the sharing of student data.
Student PIN Numbers
At this time, PIN Numbers are only needed for students at Balboa, Galileo, Thurgood Marshall and Lincoln High Schools. Please keep Meal PINs confidential.
Use Synergy to look up student PIN numbers:
- For Individual Student Info: Synergy SIS > Student > Student portal > "Other Info" Tab > "Student Nutrition Services" Find the Meal PIN field and provide it to the student in a way that they can save it securely.
- For a Full Roster: SFU > Student Programs > SNS > U-SNS-202: Class List with Meal PIN
See full instructions for How to Find Meal PIN or Barcode at this link.
This page was last updated on September 1, 2023