Application and Audition Information
Thank you for your interest in Asawa School of the Arts. We are no longer accepting applications or the 2022-23 school year.
Follow these 3 STEPS to be considered for placement at Asawa SOTA:
1. Apply to Asawa SOTA and the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD)
- Complete and submit an Asawa SOTA Application Form
- Application deadline: December 17, 2021
- Students must also apply to the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD).
2. Complete an Audition Assignment (required)
- All students who apply and wish to audition and may be required to complete an Audition Assignment (check audition assignments by department).
- Audition assignments are unique to each art department.
- Audition assignments (by department) are posted November 7, 2021, and submissions are due January 7, 2022.
3. Audition (required)
- Audition Date: Saturday, February 5, 2022
- Students will receive audition date, time, and details via email about two weeks prior to the audition.
- Alternate (overflow) Audition Date: Sunday, February 6, 2022 Students are assigned an audition date. Students do not select a date.
- Students audition for one art department or strand.
- Students audition once, there are no second auditions or make-up auditions.
We offer 3 School Tour Webinar's:
- November 1, 2021 Join Zoom Meeting: RECORDING passcode: 85k1G*6e
- November 15, 2021 Join Zoom Meeting: https://sfusd.zoom.us/j/83679154503 Meeting ID: 836 7915 4503
- December 6, 2021 Join Zoom Meeting: https://sfusd.zoom.us/j/84132558762 Meeting ID: 841 3255 8762
School Tours are on Monday's, beginning at 2pm, in 30 - 45 minute sessions. Tours will be recorded and available for those who are unable to attend.
There are no student shadow opportunities at this time. Please attend a School Tour webinar.