SFUSD is developing health and safety protocols for students, families, and staff. This work includes:
- Ensuring a COVID-19 prevention plan that prioritizes equity is in place for each school.
- Building protocols for repeated school closures, in case of a COVID-19 exposure.
- Building protocols to support youth with access and functional needs who may be at increased risk.
- Developing a plan for ongoing surveillance testing of all staff.
- Defining data collection and monitoring that is aligned with the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
COVID-19 Safety Supplies
The following supplies will be provided to schools:
- Surgical masks
- Reusable masks (both adult and youth sizes)
- Hand sanitizer in every classroom, office and public-interfaces
- No-touch thermometers
- Face shields (for adult employees)
- Disinfecting wipes
- Facial tissues
Additional supplies will be available for employees with specialized needs:
- Surgical gowns (Nurses, custodial, food service)
- Disposable gloves (Nurses, custodial, food service)
- Clear face masks (SpED, SDC, EED)
Partitions (shields) will be provided for:
- All educator desks
- All customer service stations
- Large (3 or more) student desks
- Due to social distancing requirements, 2 student desks will be used for one student
Superintendent Dr. Vincent Matthews and Chief of Student, Family & Community Support Division Mele Lau-Smith discuss how SFUSD is training staff and sharing health & safety protocols to prepare for in-person learning.
This page was last updated on March 10, 2021