The application deadline for applying to SFUSD schools is this Friday--February 4, 2022.
If your child is entering Kindergarten, Middle School, or High School next year, they will need to apply for a new school. Here is a brief last-minute guide to help you choose and apply to schools:
1) Choose the right school for your child:
If you need help choosing schools that are right for your child, we have put together a list of resources:
- Tips on Choosing Schools: Wondering where to start? These 5 tips help you think through what is important for your family.
- SFUSD School Finder: Our online search tool uses your address plus filters like grades and programs to find schools that fit your needs.
- SFUSD School Videos and Tours: Once you have your initial list of schools, get to know them better by watching their videos or attending virtual school tours.
Tip: Select at least 5 schools you want to apply to and rank them in order of your true preference.
2) Apply (Online or by Paper):
Whether applying online or by paper, remember to gather your required documents:
- Student’s proof of birth
- Proof of home address
- Parent/guardian’s picture ID
See here for a List of acceptable proofs of birth, address, and identification.
Apply online at sfusd.edu/ola. This page also has instructions and help videos to help you apply online. Videos are in English, Spanish, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
3) Get help on the phone or in-person:
If you need additional help to apply for schools, call the Educational Placement Center at (415) 241-6085, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
You can also visit our office at Civic Center (555 Franklin Street) or at our new office in the Bayview (1520 Oakdale Avenue). We have staff who speak English, Spanish, and Chinese who can help you enroll. Learn more about our offices.
For more information on how to apply, visit sfusd.edu/apply.