To apply for school, please include the following documents with your application.
- Completed application form
- Parent/Guardian’s Picture ID
- Student’s Proof of birth: Birth Certificate or Hospital record (If the document does not contain the Parent/Guardian name, additional guardianship verification is required)
- One (1) proof of home address (see below for a list of acceptable proofs of home address)
- High school transcript (for students currently enrolled in a non-SFUSD high school looking to transfer to SFUSD for the current school year)
- Immunization Records and most recent Tb test result. Immunization records are not required for application submission, but are required at the time of school enrollment. Learn more about the health requirements to enroll in school.
Acceptable Proofs of Home Address:
Proof of home address must be original and include the name and address of the parent or guardian.
- Utility service contract, statement or payment receipts; from agencies such as PG&E, water, cable, or garbage within 45 days (no cell phone bills or bank statements will be accepted)
- Both automobile registration and auto insurance policy (declarations page), must be current (count as one proof)
- Homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy, must be current
- Property tax statement, must be current assessment year.
- Correspondence from a government agency within 45 days
- Grant deed, title of property
- Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts within 45 days
- Section 8 agreements, must be current
- Affidavit of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of a pupil
- Pay stubs, within 45 days
- Voter registration, must be current
We cannot accept cell phone bills or bank statements as proof of address.