To complete Pathway to Teaching and earn your Preliminary Credential, you must:
- Meet the observation performance bar through regular evaluations
- Complete the support and supervision hours requirement, through a combination of one-on-one weekly coaching and other professional development:
- 145 hours of general support and supervision
- 45 hours of support and supervision specific to teaching English Learners
- Complete all required coursework.
- Complete a minimum 600 hours of clinical practice
- Pass the Reading Instruction Competence Assessment (RICA)
- Pass the Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA) (all Multiple Subject teachers, including bilingual teachers)
Please click the links below for more detail about program completion requirements.
This page was last updated on March 20, 2023