School & Department Finance
School and central office department leaders use their precious financial resources to bring their visions to life in service of equity and excellence in student achievement and experience. On this page, you will find information related to budgeting, purchasing, contracting, tracking expenditures, PTA and trust fund accounts, extended calendar, grants, state and federal funds, and ASB funds.
“A budget should reflect the values and priorities of our nation and its people.” Mary Landrieu
Understanding Your Budget
The Budget Services team aims to help you access, utilize, and update your budget and positions. We help you plan your budgets thoughtfully and strategically so that you can pay employees for additional time, contract with consultants, purchase supplies and equipment, and report on all of your expenditures to our local, state and federal agencies.
Budget Office Page Includes Additional Information & Instructions
- Learn: Budget 101 Training for Principals & Clerks NEW for FY2023
- View: Budget Summary Report and Roster Report (Positions and Employees) in PERCii
- Questions: Budget Analyst Assignments (Contact your assigned Budget Analyst)
- Transfer your Budget
- Manage Positions
- Extended Calendar Funding (Enter a SACS Code to Pay for Extra Time or Stipends)
- Substitute Funding
- Support with Grants
Contact Budget: 415-241-6187
Seeking and Managing Grants, Gifts, & Donations
Grants Process Pages Include Additional Information & Instructions
Seeking and Managing Private Grants
- Understanding the Private (Non-Government) Grants Process at SFUSD
- Instructions for Setting-Up Grant Budgets
- FY 2022-2023 Budget Set-Up Form (Make a Copy) UPDATED for FY 22-23!
Contact: Fund Development Office
Gifts and Donations
Contact Accounting: 415-241-6695
Accounting Page Includes Additional Information & Instructions
Here you will find accounting guidelines and forms related to accounts payable, federal and state reporting, vendor maintenance and 1099 reporting.
- Guidelines (quick link)
- Expense Reimbursement (quick link)
- Gift of Public Funds (quick link)
- Allowable Purchases of Food (quick link)
- Associated Student Body Funds: 2015 ASB Accounting Manual
- Analysts Assignments by Org/Department (quick link)
Contact Accounting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Procurement Page Includes Additional Information & Instructions
- Purchasing Procedures Manual
- Warehouse Catalog
- General Requisition Form
- Deadlines For Submission Of Requisitions For FY 2020-21
- Template For Obsolete Equipment
- Disposal Of Furniture And Equipment
- Purchases that Require Requisitions (no Direct Voucher Payment)
- Learn the process to purchase technology
Contact Procurement: 415-241-6468
Contracts (Personal Services Agreement) Page Includes latest contract forms and other guidance
Effective July 1, 2020, the District is implementing a new contract process to streamline the purchasing of goods and services and to ensure a higher level of service to our students.
- Contract documents will be submitted for approval via GoFast.
- K-Resolutions (K-Resos) will not be required or accepted. Instead, the encumbrance of funds will occur directly in GoFast as part of the contract approval process and the Board will approve the expenditure via BoardDocs.
- Learn more about the New Contracting Process.
Contact Contracts: 415-241-6493
This page was last updated on July 21, 2022