Youth Outreach Workers
Youth Outreach Workers (YOWs) are peer educators for their school.
Student Health Advisory Board
Who are they?
Student Health Advisory Board (SHAB) consists of 4-10 high school students who work with the School Health Programs to promote safe, healthy and affirming school environments for students across the district. SHAB members come from different public high school across San Francisco. Their mission is to bring awareness and educate others of the health disparities of tobacco use through the Public Service Announcement contest and promote healthy choices.
Student Health Advisory Board members will:
- be the student voice of SFUSD School Health Programs
- plan, promote and judge the Public Service Announcement (PSA) Contest
meet once or twice a month after school
- receive anti-oppression and leadership training
- plan district-wide events
- earn a stipend up to $400
Student Health Advisory Board members participate in two main projects:
- SFUSD Public Service Announcement contest (Middle and High School)
- Youth Outreach Worker End of the Year Celebration
Please complete the google Application Form by September 16, 2019.
We will follow up with information session and interview dates.