It is expected that Lowell students will attend school regularly. It has been our experience that more than five days of absence for any reason results in poor grades.
If a student is absent, the parent or guardian should report the absence by sending an email to our Attendance Clerk Ms. Diamond Davis-Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org. When the student returns to school, he/she must bring a note signed by the parent or guardian to Room 122 (Attendance Office). With the note, the absence will be excused within 3 days. If there is a problem with the note, it will be sent back to the student.
Notes seeking to have an absence excused should be submitted to the school within 72 hours (3 days) of the absence.
Permit to Leave for an Appointment
If a student needs to leave early/during the day due to a DR/DDS appointment (other than illness), a signed note should be dropped off in the Attendance Office in the morning. After the PTL (Permit To Leave) has been issued, it must be signed by the parent/guardian the following day to be excused.
Permit to Leave for Illness
If a student becomes ill during the day, he/she should go to Room 129 (Nurse), Room 122, or Room 118 (Wellness) anytime during the day. The parent/guardian must be notified and a PTL will be issued to the student. The student must have parent sign the PTL, attach a note regarding the illness and return to the Attendance Office to be excused.
Parents Verification of Student's Absence forms:
Thank you for your cooperation!
(For more details see parent/guardian handbook)
New Attendance Office
Please note that the attendance office has changed to Rm 122; the new office extension is 3122. In the event that you need to pick up a student, please use the exterior entrance.
Reporting an Absence
- There are a few changes in regards to attendance this year. We will not be accepting any physical absence notes in the office this year. Please note that all notices to excuse absences can be submitted via email to Ms. Davis at email@example.com or you may also use the following complete the Parent's Verification of Student Absence Form.
- If your student is staying home for a COVID diagnoses, symptoms or exposure please also notify Nurse Compagno using this form.
Permits to Leave Early
We will only accept physical notes regarding Permits to Leave, as those are more immediate requests. If you/your student needs to leave school early, please drop off a note at least 2 hours prior to departure time. Please be sure to include all of the following information so that there are no delays with your request:
- Student's First & Last name
- Registry (Homeroom) Number
- Date & Time
- The reason why student needs to leave early
- Parent’s name, Phone number, Email address and Signature