COVID Related Protocols
Every person on Lowell's campus is expected to follow the San Francisco Department of Public Health's guidance on school reopening and additional policies we share to keep our campus as safe as possible.
Before Going to School Everyday
Prior to arriving at Lowell every student and staff is required to self screen and ask themselves the following questions:
- Within the last 10 days have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had a test confirming you have the virus?
- Do you live in the same household with, or have you had close contact with someone who in the past 14 days has been in isolation for COVID-19 or had a test confirming they have the virus?
- Have you had any one or more of these symptoms today or within the past 24 hours, which is new or not explained by another reason? (Fever, Chills, Cough, Sore Throat, Shortness of Breath / Difficulty Breathing, Fatigue / Feeling Weak, Loss of Taste or Smell, Headache, Muscle or Body Aches, Nausea / Vomiting, Diarrhea, Runny Nose or Congestion)?
If your answer to any of these questions is 'yes,' STAY HOME.
Families also must notify:
While on Campus
- Students that report COVID related symptoms or a potential exposure will be sent home immediately or isolated until picked up.
- Every person on campus, regardless of vaccination status, is required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth. For consistency of practice, this policy is expected both indoors and outdoors (expect when eating/drinking).
- Students will eat lunch outdoors and expected to self distance (3 feet or more) from their peers. Students must also remain on campus during lunch to avoid unintentional exposure in the community.
- Classrooms and offices will be cleaned regularly and equipped with supplies for students to sanitize desks and hands between class periods (blocks). Windows will be opened at all times so layers are highly recommended for cold weather. Rooms and offices without windows will have air purifiers to help with ventilation.
- Every person on campus has an equal responsibility to keep the school safe and healthy. Additional guidance will be communicated as soon as it is available.
This page was last updated on August 9, 2021