McKinley's Vision, Mission & Values
Inspire and equip students to take on the challenges of their generation.
McKinley centers BIPOC voices to ensure an inclusive, trusting, and joyful learning community that eliminates inequitable patterns of student access and outcomes so that students reach their full potential.
- We build an inclusive community that values equity, diversity and compassion.
- We empower self-discovery by embracing cultural identity and individuality.
- We celebrate life-long learning that fosters perseverance, critical thinking and intellectual curiosity.
- We encourage creativity through collaborative and individual expression.
- We break historic cycles of bias and interrupt institutionalized racism in American education.
Beliefs and Act/Equity Frame
The success of our students is our individual and collective responsibility. Staff, families, and students will…
- Disrupt and eliminate racist and classist policies and practices that are barriers to student success and family engagement
- Teach that racism is endemic in our society and our systems and it is our responsibility to be actively anti-racist
- Build trusting relationships in our community through engagement, honesty, and learning other perspectives
- Shift our instructional and school-wide practices to mitigate the impact of any external factors on achievement
This page was last updated on February 2, 2023