Contact Special Education
Have a Special Education Question? Contact the departments below:
- Early Education special education assessments: email@example.com
- Private and Parochial school special education assessments: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special education records: email@example.com.
- SEIS file requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call the Special Education Services Office at (415) 759-2222 or fill out this form and we will get back to you.
Special Education Services Office
3045 Santiago St.
San Francisco, CA 94116
WHO’s WHO in SFUSD Special Education Services
Jean Robertson Chief, Special Education Services, SELPA Director
Simone Green Executive Director, Special Education Fiscal Services & Operations
Kristen Devine Director, County Programs, Early Education and Related Services
Jenny Jimenez-Payne Director, Cohort Schools K-12+
Margaret Farruggio Director, Compliance
Scott Ostendorf Supervisor, MS, HS, County Psychological Services
Cynthia Ortiz Supervisor, PreK-8 Psychological Services
Anacorina Lola Supervisor, Related Services
Corrina McGraw Early Childhood/PreK Supervisor • Argonne EES • Commodore Stockton EES • J Serra Annex EES • Jefferson EES • John McLaren EES • Leola Havard EES • Noriega EES • Presidio EES • Theresa Mahler EES • Tule Elk Park EES • San Miguel EES • Zaida Rodriguez EES
Nicole Fricke-Pothier (Learning Center/RSP) Elementary School Supervisor - Alice Fong Yu • Bret Harte • Bessie Carmichael • Claire Lilienthal • Commodore Sloat • Carver • Chinese Immersion • Cleveland • Drew • Edwin & Anita Lee • Gordon J. Lau • Guadalupe • Harvey Milk • John Yehall Chin • Junipero Serra • John Muir • Marshall • McKinley • Mission Education Center • Monroe • New Traditions • Jean Parker • Redding • Rooftop • SF Community • SF Montessori • Spring Valley • Sutro • Ulloa • Visitacion Valley • Webster • West Portal
Margaret Michels Elementary School Supervisor (Autism Focused & SOAR) - Alamo • Argonne • El Dorado • ER Taylor • Feinstein • Flynn • Garfield • Glen Park • Grattan • Jefferson • Lakeshore • Miraloma • Rosa Parks/Raphael Weill • Sherman • Sunset • Starr King • Tenderloin • Yick Wo
Ricki-Jo Scott Elementary School Supervisor (Cross-Categorical & DHH) - Alvarado • Bryant • Buena Vista Horace Mann • Cesar Chavez • Clarendon • Cobb • Dolores Huerta • Francis Scott Key • Hillcrest • John Muir • Jose Ortega • Lafayette • Lawton • Longfellow • Malcolm X • McCoppin • Moscone/Las Americas • Paul Revere • Peabody • Sanchez • Sheridan • Stevenson • Sunnyside
Ben Neumann Middle Schools Supervisor
Matt Lavoie High Schools Supervisor
Chad Schimke Non Public Schools (NPS) Supervisor
Thomas Graven Extended School Year and Covid Recovery Services Supervisor
Raj Sharma Charter School & Compliance Supervisor
Francine Demarco Related Services Program Administrator
Michelle Bizeau Private/Parochial Program Administrator
Kara Schinella Transition Program Administrator
Esther Adames Early Start and Community Programming
Cathy Sherman Behavior Analysts and SOAR Program Administrator
Adriana Aro Alternative Dispute Resolution Program Administrator
Julia Martin Ombudsperson, Family/Community Engagement
Special Education Ombudsperson
Contact the Ombudsperson:
Special Education Ombudsperson
555 Franklin St
Cell Phone: 415-319-4811
What Does the Ombudsperson Do?
The SFUSD Special Education Ombudsperson is the family, community and staff liaison for students with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs). The Ombudsperson's office can:
- Assist parents and guardians in navigating Special Education Services and when they have concerns regarding special education services for their children at school sites or districtwide.
- Provide training to SFUSD and San Francisco community stakeholders, such as Navigating Special Education Services, IEP 101, Engaging and Empowering SFUSD Families, Effective Communication between Special Education Families and Educators, and other issues related to special education services and families.
- Address the need for educational surrogate assignment (the Ombudsperson is the educational surrogate coordinator for the district, which matches students in need of representation with volunteers to help advocate for their educational needs.)
Ombudsperson support is confidential, free of charge to all SFUSD families and staff and often leads to resolutions before legal action is needed. If needed, translation/interpretation can be provided.
The vision of the Office of Ombudsperson is to ensure children with special needs receive all services and supports needed to benefit from public education by fostering an environment where collaboration and cooperation exist between parents, staff and administration.
How to Request Support
Families and staff can contact the ombudsperson via email at email@example.com or via phone at 415-319-4811.
Drop in office hours are available at 555 Franklin Street Monday - Thursday from 3-5pm.