IEP Resources and Articles
The following articles and resources are helpful for those just starting out in the IEP process or who are looking for more information about how best to support the education of a child with disabilities. You can also refer to our IEP guide for more information about the process.
Your 1st IEP
- What to Expect at Your First IEP
- Your First IEP Meeting: A Parent's Guide by SchwabLearning.org
- Questions to Ask Before and During the IEP
- IEP Roadmap by Understood.org
- Sign up for a FREE Virtual IEP Clinic at Support for Families
- Categories of Disability Under IDEA
- Special Education Fundamentals
- Developing Your Child's IEP
- Contents of the IEP by: National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities (NICHCY)
- School Accommodations and Modifications
- What is Assistive Technology (AT)?
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Special Education Timelines in California