Family Partnership Matters
Family partnership is a key ingredient to student success. Research states that when schools do a good job of partnering with families — of connecting student learning between home and school — students do better. As outlined in SFUSD’s Vision 2025, it is a district priority to support families in advocating for their children and to ensure all families are valued and respected members of the SFUSD community.
Creating a Welcoming Environment for Parents
- Family Partnership website - includes the following resources in multiple languages
- Tools for Creating a Welcoming School Community
- Tools for Linking Student Learning between Home & School
- Tools for School Governance and Family Leadership
- Standards for Family Partnership
- Available in six languages
- Note: SFUSD Board of Education Policy 4710 provides that parents do not need to get fingerprinted if they are volunteering at their own child's school.
- Learn more about working with other school volunteers.
- FAQs re: Non-Citizen Voting Laws in SFUSD Board Elections
Communicating with Families
- School Communications Systems Guide (when to use Synergy or SchoolMessenger)
- School Messenger
- Social Media Guide
- SFUSD Templates
- All SFUSD website content (for schools, departments, public and employees) should be created on Drupal by August 2020. Learn more about how to create and manage your website content on Drupal.
Translation & Interpretation
Other Helpful Resources
This page was last updated on November 17, 2021