SFUSD continues to plan and prepare to reopen school sites. Here are some current events related to the preparation process.
- This week the SF Department of Public Health conducted more inspections at some of the SFUSD school sites district staff have been preparing to reopen.
- SFUSD is meeting with labor partners. Read the latest bargaining updates from Feb. 1 and Jan. 29.
- Given new public health guidelines and information, SFUSD must now find a provider for student and staff COVID-19 asymptomatic testing. To this end, SFUSD has posted a request for proposals.
- SFUSD In-Person Phase 2A Registration Survey Results: Of the 80% of Phase 2A families we’ve heard from regarding in-person learning, 57% have said they prefer to send their child to in-person and 43% have said they prefer to stay in distance learning. The district is using this information to plan with site leaders. More information about survey results is available in this recent Board of Education presentation, beginning on slide 7.
- Dr. Matthews and Board of Education President Lopez issued a statement in response to an announcement that San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera is suing the SF Board of Education and SFUSD related to in-person learning.
More information regarding SFUSD’s preparations for in-person learning:
- SFUSD Return Safely Together Plan
- SFUSD School Reopening Dashboard
- Bargaining Updates
- SFUSD’s COVID-19 Safety Protocol for Families
- SFUSD’s COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols for In-Person Learning
- SFUSD’s COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols for Central Office Locations
- In-Person Learning Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- SFUSD Weekly Family Digest