The first stop for support is Student Family School Resource Link, which gives you access to a full range of resources for families, including:
- Student enrollment: Find the right school in your neighborhood including bilingual programs, after-school programs and enrichments
- Special education: Educational and related developmental supports for children with disabilities.
- Technology: To ensure access to learning, all SFUSD students can receive a laptop in grades 4-12 and discounts for home internet connections.
- Food & nutrition: Free meals for all students at school and referrals to neighborhood food banks for families. See what’s on the menu!
- Physical & mental wellness: Speak to a school nurse or mental health professional about how we partner to support your child’s health at school.
SFUSD Transportation Services helps provide safe and reliable transportation to and from school:
- MUNI offers free rides for all youth in SF under 18- no proof of income or residency is required. Adults accompanying students to school can also get discounted rates on MUNI, BART, and other Bay Area transit agencies. Call 311 for more information.
- Students with an IEP may be eligible for curb-to-curb bus services.
- For a list of schools with a general education bus, click on this link. Families can request services throughout the year; as long as there is space, we will add more riders throughout the school year. You can request the bus for a student using this form.
If transportation challenges are keeping your student from getting to school, contact the family link line or firstname.lastname@example.org for support.