COVID-19 Supplies at School Sites
High quality face masks are available by request at school sites.
Below are updates on the status of Portable Air Cleaners (PACs) for the 2022 - 2023 school year:
PAC Inventory & Replacement
- In the prior school year the Facilities department installed portable air cleaners (PACs) in all classrooms, libraries and cafeteria spaces.
- Over the Summer, custodial staff completed a review at each school site to identify classroom, library, or cafeteria spaces that were missing PACs.
- During the week of August 8th, warehouse staff installed PACs in classroom, library or cafeteria spaces where they were missing.
PAC Filter Replacements
- School sites have 3 models of PACs - a large white model (Wright model), a large black model (Austin model), and a smaller unit.
- Wright models require an annual pre-filter replacement. This replacement was completed in July.
- Austin models require filter replacement every five (5) years - no replacements are needed at this time.
Cleaning and Disinfection
- Students will be provided with soap and water or hand sanitizer in their classroom, restrooms, before and after using shared supplies and equipment, play structures, and before and after mealtimes.
- Cleaning and disinfecting supplies will be available at every school.
- Staff will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces like door handles, desks, countertops, phones, keyboards, light switches, handles, toilets and faucets at least once daily.
This page was last updated on August 31, 2022