Check if your contact information is correct
We use the contact information in Family Portal (ParentVUE) to communicate with families.
Learn how to check your contact information in Family Portal and update it if it is incorrect.
If you don't have a Family Portal account, learn how to activate your account.
My contact information is correct, but I'm still not receiving notifications
If you've already verified your contact information is correct in Family Portal and are still not receiving notifications, you may have opted out of messages previously. You can opt back in using the SchoolMessenger app or by emailing email@example.com.
Opt in for text messages
Make sure that your mobile phone is already in Family Portal, then text “YES” to the number 67587 from your mobile phone.
Using the SchoolMessenger app
If you don't have the app, download it at go.schoolmessenger.com. You will need to create an account using the same email address that you use for Family Portal.
- Once you have signed in to the app, tap on the menu button in the top left corner
- Tap "Preferences"
- This section will show the phone and email that SFUSD has on file for you. If you need to edit or update your phone or email, you must update it in Family Portal.
- Tap on your phone number. You have the option to opt in for phone calls for: Emergency, Attendance, General, Survey, Non-school Hours Emergency, and Classroom Messaging. If the button in each section is white, you have opted out for this messaging. Tap the button so it turns blue to opt back in.
- Tap on your email address. You have the option to opt in for emails for: Emergency, Attendance, General, Survey, Non-school Hours Emergency, and Classroom Messaging. If the button in each section is white, you have opted out for this messaging. Tap the button so it turns blue to opt back in.
- You can also tap on the buttons in the Message Preferences individually and opt in or out.
I don't have the SchoolMessenger app
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the phone number or email address that is not receiving notifications.
This page was last updated on July 20, 2021