District English Learners Advisory Committee
1.19.21 Meeting link Local Control Accountability Funding (District Funding) 4:30pm - 6:00pm
Join the DELAC Leadership Team: DELAC Nomination Form
Response to the 2021-2022 DELAC Recommendations (7 languages)
District English Learners Advisory Committee Executive Board Roster
District English Learners Advisory Committee Representatives
Term August 2020 - August 2022
2021-2022 DELAC Agendas
- 08.25.21 General Assembly (Spanish - English/Chinese)
- 09.15.21 General Assembly
- 10.20,21 Board Meeting
- 11.17.21 General Assembly (English/Chinese - Spanish)
- 01.12.22 Board Meeting
- 01.19.22 General Assembly
- 02.16.22 Board Meeting
- 03.16.22 General Meeting
- 04.20.22 Board Meeting
- 05.18.22 General Assembly
2020-2021 DELAC Agendas
- 07. 22.20 General Assembly (Summer Session)
- 08 .26.20 General Assembly
- 09 .16.20 General Assembly
- 10. 21.20 Board Meeting
- 11. 18.20 General Assembly
- 01. 20.21 General Assembly
- 02.17.21. Board Meeting (Transitioned to ELPAC Workshop)
- 02.23.21. Board Meeting
- 03.17.21 General Assembly
- 04.21.21 Board Meeting
- 05.19.21 General Assembly
The purpose of the DELAC, or subcommittee on English learner education, is to provide guidance and advice to the Board of Education and the District staff (e.g., in person, by letters/reports) on the needs and services for English learners.
- Each California public school district, grades kindergarten through 12, with 21 or more English learners must form a District-level English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) or subcommittee of an existing district-wide advisory committee.
Parents or guardians of English learners not employed by the district must constitute a majority of membership (51 percent or more) of the committee.
Each site's English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) must have the opportunity to elect at least one member to the DELAC. If the district has 31 or more ELACs, it may use a system of proportional or regional representation.
The committee advises the Board of Education on the following:
- Development or revision of a master plan of education for programs and services for English learners.
- Establishment of district programs, goals and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
- The district’s reclassification procedures.
- Written notifications required to be disseminated to families
The district shall provide for all DELAC members:
- Appropriate training and materials to assist each member to carry out his or her legally required advisory responsibilities.
- Training which is planned in full consultation with DELAC members. Economic Impact Aid-Limited English Proficient and/or district funds may be used to cover costs of training and attendance of DELAC members (e.g., costs associated with child care, translation services, meals, and other reasonable expenses).
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact
The DELAC Support Team
Danielle Uttley, Family Education Integration Specialist / DELAC Liaison - Spanish / English
(415) 379-7640 or email@example.com
Maggie Zhou, Chinese Support Specialist / DELAC Liaison - Chinese / English (415) 379-7706 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Division of Curriculum and Instruction
750 25th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94121
20 United State Code (USC) Section 6312(g)[4); California Education Code( EC) sections 35147 ( c ); 52176 (b) & ( c ) ;62002..5; 64001 ( a) 5 California Code of Regulations ( CCR), Section 11308 (b) & (d)