Welcome to the ALHS Library
- Days Open: Monday - Friday
- Teacher Librarian: Mr. Chan
Welcome to the Library
The Lincoln Library provides a wide array of services and resources for Lincoln students and faculty, in order to help students in their pursuit of academic excellence and enrich both students and faculty alike through books and literature.
Students have access to over 22,000 books, audiocasettes, and videotapes for checkout at the Library, and have a quiet place to meet and study for projects and assignments, as well as access to computers with Internet access and word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software.
Abraham Lincoln High School Library’s mission is to be a diverse resource available to all Lincoln students, providing a wide variety of reference materials, literature, and computer facilities for students to enjoy.
The Lincoln Library strives to:
- develop and maintain a diverse collection of materials in various media to support the curricular and personal needs of students and staff.
- develop users who are information and technology literate, who are independent learners, effective users of information, and who exhibit social responsibility.
- maintain a facility that is conducive to both formal and informal learning.
Per the Lincoln Library's Mission Statement, the Library offers:
- Desktop and laptop computers are available for students and classes throughout the entire day.
- Over 22,000 books, ebooks, and audiobooks.
- Online newspaper subscriptions and magazines.
- Special collections in:
- College and Career
- World Languages (books in Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish)
- ELL (English Language Learners)
- Graphic Novels
- Teacher Professional Library
- Access to online reference databases
- Scanning and print capabilities from computers ($.05 per page)