Skip to main content
Cleaning and Disinfection
- Students will be provided with soap and water or hand sanitizer in their classroom, restrooms, before and after using shared supplies and equipment, play structures, and before and after mealtimes.
- Cleaning and disinfecting supplies will be available in every classroom, bathroom, and workroom.
- Staff will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces like door handles, desks, countertops, phones, keyboards, light switches, handles, toilets and faucets at least once daily.
- Doors and windows will remain open to maximize outdoor air ventilation when health and safety allow. For example, when it does not worsen individuals’ allergies or asthma.
- Each school building’s ventilation system has been adjusted to maximize fresh (outdoor) air ventilation and minimize or eliminate return or recirculated air.
Designing for Physical Distancing
- School spaces have been reconfigured to allow for adherence to health and safety requirements (physical distancing for all, isolation for those who are symptomatic).
- Occupancy limit signs will be posted outside of shared spaces and restrooms.
- Larger spaces like cafeterias and auditoriums may be used for instruction to allow for physical distancing.
- Classroom seating arrangements will be designed for students to sit in the same seats each day, and desks will face in one direction so students are not facing each other.
- In areas where students congregate or wait in line, spots will be marked every 6 feet to indicate where to stand.
- See more about physical distancing protocols under Promoting Behaviors That Reduce Spread.