First Grade - Math
Choose an activity from this list each day:
- Count in order - how high can you count?
- Write out numbers and point to them as you count
- Count objects - beans, books.
- Do simple addition with objects
- Here are 2 books. Here are 5 more. How many in total? There are 7.
Daily read a math book, watch a video, play an online game or sing a song
- Online Games
- Comparing Quantities - How Many?
- Addition Practice - Alien Addition - Change the range of numbers so it meets your child’s needs!
- Subtraction Practice - Minus Mission - Change the range of numbers so it meets your child’s needs!
- Build Shapes - Pattern Blocks - Ask your child to make a picture and count the total number of each shape they used or how the shapes are similar or different. (Multilingual)
- Match Shapes & Numbers - Concentration Game - Shapes, Numbers, and More!
- Five Frame Game Five Frame or Ten Frame Game - Ten Frame
- Double Ten Frame Sums to 20: Arranged Ten Frames
- Adding Number to 20: Adding Numbers to 20
- Dots in a Box: Dots in the Box
- Measure This: Measurement
- Interactive Clock: Interactive clock
- Clockworks: Clockworks - Online Game
- Addition & Subtraction with Unknowns: Addition and Subtraction Strategies
- 3-D Space: 3-D Geometry Game
- Addition Blocks: Addition Blocks
- Origami halves and fourths: Learning Station Origami Halves and Fourths BLM
- Pizza: Let's Make A Pizza - Note: Grade 1 students only work with halves and fourths, and do not work with fraction notation (eg. ¼).
- Juegos de Números (Alternative in Spanish)
- Juegos de Suma (Alternative in Spanish)
- Juegos de figuras geométricas (Alternative in Spanish)
- Juegos de Restas (Alternative in Spanish)
This page was last updated on March 24, 2020