Sign Up for ParentVUE/Synergy
ParentVUE/Synergy is a valuable way for teachers to communicate with the parent community. Students can be more successful if parents and caregivers are informed and in the loop. Synergy will allow a parent to use a single login to follow their student the entire time the student is enrolled in San Francisco schools; from the beginning of kindergarten through the end of high school. If parents already used ParentVUE for their SFUSD student in elementary school, they will use the same log in and password at A.P. Giannini.
Synergy is updated at varying rates. Teachers are expected to update regularly, but scores may not be changing each day.
Please note: you must first have a ParentVUE activation key for your child. Please contact your student's counselor if you do not have one (see below).
- Go to the Family and Student Portal (https://portal.sfusd.edu/)
- Click on "SIS Family Portal >>" on the left side of the page.
- On the right side under Activate My Account, click on "I have an activation key and need to create my account>>."
- Click on the "I Accept" button.
- Enter your name as it appears on your activation key letter and activation key. Click "Continue to Step 3."
- Create a username, password and enter an email that you can be reached at. Click complete.
- Explore the information provide in ParentVUE.
Parents should contact their grade level counselor if:
- They need an activation key
- They have an more than one child in SFUSD but their ParentVUE account does not show them all of their children.
- Any other concerns around ParentVUE access
The counselors are:
- To request your activation code or make changes to the information in the My Account tab of your ParentVue/Family Portal (e.g., name, email, home address), please contact your student's grade level counselor.
- For additional information, please contact the SFUSD representative at email@example.com.
This page was last updated on September 2, 2020