Contact Special Education
Have a Special Education Question? Contact the departments below:
- Special Education Records: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEIS File Requests: email@example.com
- Early Education Special Education Assessments: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private and Parochial School Special Education Assessments: email@example.com
You can also call the Special Education Services Office at (415) 759-2222 or fill out this form and we will get back to you.
For more information, visit the Special Education Website or view the Special Education Contact List
Special Education Services Office
3045 Santiago St.
San Francisco, CA 94116
WHO’s WHO in SFUSD Special Education Services
Head of Special Education Services and SELPA Director - Jean Robertson
Executive Director, Special Education Fiscal Services & Operations - Simone Green
Executive Director, Cohort Schools K-12+ - Jenny Jimenez-Payne
Hoover • James Denman • James Lick • Francisco
Director, County Programs, Early Education and Related Services - Open
Director, Compliance - Margaret Farruggio
Ombudsperson, Family/Community Engagement - Julia Martin Schedule a Meeting Today
Psychologist Supervisor for Middle, High and County Schools - Scott Ostendorf
Psychologist Supervisor for PreK-8 - Cynthia Ortiz-Front
Related Services Supervisor - Princess Tucker
Deaf Hard Hearing/Home Hospital Instruction/Tier 3 Literacy Supervisor- Jennifer Herges
Early Childhood/PreK Supervisor - Moira Zacharakis
Argonne EES • Bryant • Cobb • Commodore Stockton EES • J Serra Annex EES • Jefferson EES • John McLaren EES • Jose Ortega • Leola Havard EES • McCoppin • Moscone/Las Americas • Noriega EES • Paul Revere • Presidio EES • Sheridan • Theresa Mahler EES • Tule Elk Park EES • San Miguel EES • Zaida Rodriguez EES
Elementary School Supervisor (Learning Center/RSP) - Nicole (Kee) Fricke-Pothier
Alice Fong Yu • Bret Harte • Bessie Carmichael • Claire Lilienthal • Commodore Sloat • Carver • Chinese Immersion • Cleveland • Drew • Edwin & Anita Lee • Gordon J. Lau • Guadalupe • Harvey Milk • John Muir • John Yehall Chin • Junipero Serra • John Muir • Malcolm X • Marshall • McKinley • Mission Education Center • Monroe • New Traditions • Jean Parker • Redding • Rooftop • SF Community • SF Montessori • Spring Valley • Sutro • Ulloa • Visitacion Valley • Webster • West Portal
Elementary School Supervisor (Autism Focused & SOAR) - Margaret Michels
Alamo • Alvarado • Argonne • Buena Vista Horace Mann • Clarendon • El Dorado • ER Taylor • Feinstein • Flynn • Francis Scott Key • Garfield • Glen Park • Grattan • Hillcrest • Huerta • Jefferson • Lakeshore • Paul Revere • Lawton • Longfellow • Miraloma • Peabody • Rosa Parks/Raphael Weill • Sanchez • Sherman • Spring Valley • Stevenson • Sunnyside • Sunset • Starr King • Tenderloin • Yick Wo
Elementary DHH Supervisor, Jenny Herges
Cesar Chavez • Lafayette
Interim Elementary Supervisor: Moira Zacharakis
Bryant, Cobb, McCoppin, Moscone/Las Americas, J. Ortega, Paul Revere, Sheridan
Middle Schools, Interim Supervisor - Jenny Jimenez Payne
AP Giannini, Aptos, Everett, Francisco, Hoover, James Denman, James Lick, Martin Luther King, Marina, Presidio, Roosevelt, Vis Valley, Willie Brown, *Gateway Middle School
Middle Schools, Interim Soar Support: Cathy Sherman
Hoover, James Denman, James Lick, Francisco
High Schools Supervisor - Matt Lavoie
Non Public Schools (NPS) Supervisor - Chad Schimke
Private/Parochial Program Administrator - Michelle Bizeau
Transition Program Administrator - Kara Schinella
Behavior Analysts and SOAR Program Administrator - Cathy Sherman
Alternative Dispute Resolution Program Administrator - Adriana Aro
Special Education Ombudsperson
Contact the Ombudsperson:
Special Education Ombudsperson
555 Franklin St
Cell Phone: 415-319-4811
Click here to make an appointment
What is an Ombudsperson?
The word Ombudsman comes from a Swedish word that means “trusted representative.” The word has come to mean someone who assists consumers or citizens who are experiencing problems with corporations or government organizations. Our office is a member of the US Ombudsman Association and the International Ombudsman Association.
What Does the SFUSD Special Education Ombudsperson Do?
The SFUSD Special Education Ombudsperson is the family, community and staff liaison for students with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs). The Ombudsperson's office can:
- Assist parents and guardians in navigating Special Education Services when they have concerns about their chid's special education services.
- Provides an independent, confidential resource for students, families, employees, and community members, offering informal help to resolve concerns, problems, complaints, and other special education related issues.
- Promote inclusion of all students, especially those with disabilities during Inclusive Schools Week.
- Provide training to SFUSD and San Francisco community stakeholders, such as Navigating Special Education Services, IEP 101, Engaging and Empowering SFUSD Families, Effective Communication between Special Education Families and Educators, and other issues related to special education services and families.
- Address the need for educational surrogate assignment (the Ombudsperson is the educational surrogate coordinator for the district, which matches students in need of representation with volunteers to help advocate for their educational needs.)
Ombudsperson support is impartial, confidential and free of charge to all SFUSD families and staff and often leads to resolutions before legal action is needed. If needed, translation/interpretation can be provided.
The vision of the Office of Ombudsperson is to ensure children with disabilities receive all services and supports needed to benefit from public education by fostering an environment where collaboration and cooperation exist between parents, staff and administration.
How to Request Support:
Families and staff can contact the ombudsperson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 415-319-4811. Drop in office hours are available at 555 Franklin Street Monday - Thursday from 3-5pm. Click here to make an appointment.
This page was last updated on May 17, 2023