Ad Hoc Committee on Student Assignment
The Ad Hoc Committee on Student Assignment is a subcommittee of the Board of Education. In 2021-22, the Ad Hoc Committee on Student Assignment hosted a series of public working meetings with staff to monitor SFUSD’s new zone-based student assignment policy for elementary schools that was approved by the Board in December 2020. Additional information about the process for developing a new elementary school assignment policy can be found at sfusd.edu/studentassignment.
In September 2022, the district announced the decision to extend the implementation timeline for the new elementary student assignment policy by one year, to 2026-27. READ MORE . The Ad Hoc Committee on Student Assignment is not meeting during the 2022-23 school year.
2021-22 Meeting Dates, Zoom Links, Agendas, and Presentations
SFUSD BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETINGS ARE HELD IN PERSON WITH OPTION FOR THE PUBLIC TO OBSERVE THE MEETING VIRTUALLY OR BY PHONE
NOTE: Beginning 3/18/2022 while masks are no longer required in City facilities in most settings, they are required for public hearing rooms. Anyone attending a public meeting in an SFUSD facility is required to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.
ADA Accommodations: To request accommodations in order to participate remotely, please call (415) 355-7364 as soon as possible but at least seventy-two (72) hours prior to the scheduled meeting.
Translation Services: SFUSD will provide interpretation throughout today's Board meeting. Interpretation at the Board of Education meetings will be provided via Google Meet.
Please fully charge your phone and bring earphones.
For Chinese interpretation, please call 1 484-854-3328 PIN: 721 609 895#
親身或以虛擬方式參加會議, 並需要傳譯服務的家長將要撥打以下Google Meet號碼:
粵語傳譯，請致電 1 484-854-3328 PIN: 721 609 895#
For Spanish interpretation, please call 1 319-382-9676 PIN: 665 996 976#
Los servicios de interpretación en las reuniones de la Junta de Educación se proporcionarán mediante la plataforma de Google Meet.
Los padres que asistan a la reunión en persona o de manera virtual y que necesiten interpretación llamarán a los siguientes números de Google Meet.
Para interpretacion en espanol, por favor llame al 1 319-382-9676 PIN: 665 996 976#
Cargue completamente su teléfono y traiga auriculares por favor.
Thursday, April 28, 2022, 6-8 p.m.
Board Meeting with the Ad Hoc Committee on Student Assignment
Thursday, April 28, 2022 | 6-8 p.m.
Location: SFUSD Board Room at 555 Franklin Street. Masks are required.
- Share an update on the development of clear, measurable indicators for zone map evaluation.
- Review trends from the most recent enrollment cycle.
- Gather feedback on the best approach to memorializing the other shifts required to ensure equitable access.
- Discuss the policy implementation timeline and consider two scenarios.
Presentation slide deck:
Thursday, January 20, 2022, 6-8 p.m.
SFUSD staff presented a brief overview of the policy, including zones, diversity categories, and tiebreakers. Staff also shared findings from the fall community engagement, where over 400 community members provided feedback on how they would like to see the elementary school zones be developed. Finally, staff shared an overview of the zone development and evaluation process, which is currently underway.
2020-21 School Year
2020-21 Meeting Dates, Agendas, and Presentations
- Wednesday, May 12, 2021
- Audio Recording
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- Full Board of Education: Tuesday, December 8, 2020
- Committee of the Whole: Tuesday, December 1, 2020
- Full Board of Education: Tuesday, October 20, 2020
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020
- Monday, September 14, 2020
- Monday, August 31, 2020
2019-20 School Year
2019-20 Meeting Dates, Agendas, and Presentations
- Monday, May 18, 2020
- CANCELED - Monday, April 20, 2020
- CANCELED - Monday, March 16, 2020
- Tuesday, December 3, 2020 (Committee of the Whole)
- Monday, November 18, 2019
- Monday, October 21, 2019
- Monday, September 16, 2019
2018-19 School Year
2018-19 Meeting Dates, Agendas, and Presentations
- Monday, May 13, 2019
- Agenda (African American student recruitment, increasing enrollment at under enrolled schools, General Education transportation services, and policy development timeline)
- Monday, April 15, 2019
- Monday, March 18, 2019
- Tuesday, December 4, 2018 (Committee of the Whole)
- Redlined Resolution No. 189-25A1, Developing a Community Based Student Assignment System for SFUSD
- Thursday, November 8, 2018
Additional Information about Student Assignment
This page was last updated on April 10, 2023