Frequently Asked Questions

Round 2 School Year 2022-2023

In this section, you will find frequently asked questions about Round 2, including how to view, accept, or decline school assignment. 

Updated May 2, 2022

Who can apply in Round 2?

Any student can apply for Round 2. However, if you submitted a Main Round application, please view your Main Round assignment before applying for Round 2. 

What schools are available in Round 2?

Any schools that have open seats after the Main Round are available in Round 2. Generally, this means that there are fewer school choices available in Round 2. 

Please note that if you apply for Round 2 and get one of your requested schools, your Main Round assignment will be automatically canceled. 

If you would like to keep your Main Round assignment, you will need to cancel your Round 2 application by Monday, May 2 at 5pm PT. 

When and how can I apply?

The deadline for Round 2 has passed. If you still need a school for 2022-2023, please see information about Wait Pool

How do I view my school assignment for Round 2?

  • You can view your school assignment online through ParentVUE starting May 30, 2022.    
  • You will also be mailed a school assignment letter starting May 30, 2022 via USPS mail.

How do I accept or decline my assignment?

  • You can accept or decline your assignment in one of three ways:
  • You can also accept your assignment at your student's current SFUSD school. 
  • For more information on how to accept or decline, please visit

IMPORTANT: If you decline your Round 2 assignment, you no longer have a school for next school year 2022-2023. Please contact the EPC for help. 

What is the deadline to accept or decline in Round 2?

  • The last day to accept your assignment is June 17, 2022.
  • If you wish to decline, we ask that you do it by June 17, 2022, but you can decline any time before the first day of school.

What if I didn't receive a letter in the mail?

  • Your ParentVUE account has your student’s assignment letter uploaded in the “Documents” tab. For help accessing your ParentVUE account, call 415-340-1716.
  • Please call (415) 241-6085, or email for support.

How do I access ParentVUE?

  • ParentVUE can be accessed through this link. You can learn more about ParentVUE here.

Will families receive a confirmation email?

If you use ParentVUE, yes, you will receive a confirmation email as soon as you accept or decline your assignment.

How do I know if I correctly accepted my school assignment in ParentVUE?

  • First, follow the steps on how to log in to ParentVUE at:  
  • After accepting or declining your assignment, you can click on “Status” to see if it was submitted. 
  • You can also check at any time by logging in to ParentVUE > Online Forms and clicking “Review”.

When will I receive the school assignment for my inter-district student?

Your inter-district application will be processed in late-June. You will receive a school assignment letter in the mail.

What if I need more help to accept or decline my assignment?

Call the Education Placement Center at (415) 241-6085 for assistance.

What if I need to cancel my Round 2 application?

If you need to cancel your Round 2 application, please email the Educational Placement Center at

The last day to cancel your Round 2 application is Monday, May 2 at 5pm PT. 

If I missed applying during the Main Round and Round 2, what are my options?

Families who still need a school for 2022-2023 can apply for Wait Pool. Please see the Wait Pool page for details. 

General Enrollment

In this section, you will find some of the most frequently asked questions regarding COVID-19 impact on student enrollment, including EPC services; submitting forms to EPC.

Is the Educational Placement Center Open?

Yes, we are open from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

To contact us, please visit our Contact Us page.

I am new to SFUSD. How do I enroll my child for school?

  • Families can apply for schools using our Online Forms Portal. You can also call 415-241-6085 to talk to an enrollment counselor. Our team will guide you through the process.
  • If you need a paper application, please download the form from our Applications and Forms page.

How do I submit my forms to the Educational Placement Center?

Families can submit forms to the EPC by email or drop off. Please see How to Submit Forms and Applications.

Examples of forms to submit are:

  • Enrollment Application
  • Interdistrict Permit Request
  • Change of Address
  • Affidavit of Residence and Birthdate

How do I change my address, phone number, name, or other information?

You can change your:

  • Home Address, 
  • Student Name or Parent/Guardian Name, 
  • Race/Ethnicity, or
  • Phone Numbers

by completing this online Change of Information Form. You can also download the form from our Applications and Forms page and mail it with required proof. Any changes made to your address requires proof. Please see here for a list of acceptable proofs of home address.

How do I update my contact information in Family Portal (ParentVUE)?

Updating your contact information in Family Portal (ParentVUE) ensures that you get school phone, email and text notifications; it's also a way to view, accept, and decline your school assignment. 

Please see this page on how to update your information in Family Portal (ParentVUE).

You can also watch a video on how to update your information. The videos is available in EnglishEspanol中文.

If you need more help, call us at 415-241-6085 or email

This page was last updated on May 2, 2022