Ad Hoc Committee on Student Assignment
The Ad Hoc Committee on Student Assignment is a subcommittee of the Board of Education. Each year, the Ad Hoc Committee on Student Assignment hosts a series of public working meetings with staff to monitor SFUSD’s student assignment policy.
Board of Education Members:
Commissioners Rachel Norton (Chair), Stevon Cook, and Board President Mark Sanchez.
Orla O'Keeffe, Chief of Policy and Operations
2019-20 Meeting Dates, Agendas, and Presentations
The Ad Hoc Committee on Student Assignment is scheduled to meet on the third Monday of each month to discuss Board Resolution 189-25A1 Developing a Community Based Student Assignment System for SFUSD. Meetings will not be held in December, January, or February.
- Monday, September 16, 2019
- Monday, October 21, 2019
- Monday, November 18, 2019
- Tuesday, December 3, 2020 (Committee of the Whole)
- CANCELED - Monday, March 16, 2020
- CANCELED - Monday, April 20, 2020
- Monday, May 18, 2020
- How to join the meeting: The May 18 Ad Hoc Student Assignment Committee meeting will be held via phone/video conference.
- To observe the meeting by video conference, please click here at the noticed meeting time. Webinar Password: 8qzHXu. It may help to download the Zoom app before the meeting if you don’t have it already.
- To listen to the meeting by phone, please call at the noticed meeting time (669) 900 9128, then enter Webinar ID: 864 1749 6141, then press “#”. Webinar Password: 818853. If asked for a participant id or code, press #.
- How to make public comment: the Board President or Chair will introduce the item and call for speakers, and staff indicate who will be speaking next.
- To comment by video conference, click on the Participants button at the bottom of your screen and select the “Raise Your Hand” button to request to speak when Public Comment is being asked for. When called upon, you will be unmuted. After the allotted time, you will then be re-muted.
- To comment by phone, you will be prompted to “Raise Your Hand” by pressing “*9” to request to speak when Public Comment is asked for. When called upon, you will be unmuted. After the allotted time, you will then be re-muted. Instructions of how to raise your hand by phone are available at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362663 -Joining-a-meeting-by-phone.
- ADA Accommodations: If you require accommodations to access or participate in a meeting, please call (415) 355-7364. Requests should be made as soon as possible but at least seventy-two (72) hours prior to the scheduled meeting. The District will make every effort to accommodate requests that are made within (72) hours.
- Translation Services: Interpretation in Spanish and Chinese is available at all regular meetings of the Board of Education. If language interpretation is requested for committee meetings or in other languages, please call (415) 241-6493. Requests should be made as soon as possible but at least seventy-two (72) hours prior to the scheduled meeting.
2018-19 Meeting Dates, Agendas, and Presentations
- Thursday, November 8, 2018
- Tuesday, December 4, 2018 (Committee of the Whole)
- Redlined Resolution No. 189-25A1, Developing a Community Based Student Assignment System for SFUSD
- Monday, March 18, 2019
- Monday, April 15, 2019
- Monday, May 13, 2019
- Agenda (African American student recruitment, increasing enrollment at under enrolled schools, General Education transportation services, and policy development timeline)
Additional Information about Student Assignment
Additional information can be found via the following links.