Applying through Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment is a first-come, first-serve process where students wishing to enroll immediately into a school. This process is only available for schools with open seats and zero pending Wait Pool requests.
If I receive an assignment during Open Enrollment, may I still submit a request for another school?
- Yes, if you have another assignment received during Open Enrollment (or during March or May Placement) you may still submit a Wait Pool Request.
- You will keep that assignment, unless you receive another assignment through the Wait Pool assignment run.
When is the Open Enrollment period and how do I participate?
- For 2020-21, Open Enrollment starts on July 6, 2020 and continues through September 4.
- Due to COVID-19, SFUSD is revisiting protocols for in-person visits.
What schools will be available in Open Enrollment? Can parents call in to find out about openings?
- School availability will be dynamic throughout the Open Enrollment period.
- Wait Pool request data will be shared on July 2 and August 14.
- After the period opens in June, schedule 1:1 counseling support with our team to discuss real-time information on openings.