- Complete your Emergency Contact Card so we can get in touch with you in the event of an emergency. Visit sfusd.edu/EmergencyCard for more information.
- Fill out the Multipurpose Family Income Form (MFIF) to secure essential funding for your school. Apply at SchoolCafe.com, and visit sfusd.edu/MFIF for more information.
- Complete the Student Family Handbook Acknowledgement Form. Fill out the Google Form to indicate whether you prefer a digital or paper copy of the Handbook. You can also call the Student Family and School Resource Link at 415-340-1716 for assistance.
- Update your contact information on ParentVUE to receive phone, email and text notifications from your school and SFUSD. Visit sfusd.edu/ParentVUE for more information and to access tutorials.
Let's Get Ready Together!
The first day of school is August 16, 2021
Student and Family Handbook
The Handbook is an important resource for SFUSD students and families. It contains information about your legal rights, SFUSD resources, and some important academic and
behavioral expectations of SFUSD students.
View or download the Handbook online at any time at sfusd.edu/handbook. If you prefer to receive a paper copy of the Handbook, please call the Student, Family, and School Resource Link to request a paper copy: 415.340.1716 (Monday-Friday; 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.). Please note it may take 6-8 weeks for the paper copy to be printed and mailed to you.
COVID-19 vaccines are the most effective way to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We encourage anyone 5 and older to get fully vaccinated. The more people vaccinated against COVID-19, the safer we will be. The COVID-19 vaccine is free and there are many ways you can get one. Call the SF Department of Public Health Vaccine Call Center at 628-652-2700 or visit sfusd.edu/covidvaccine for more information.
School Nutrition and Meals
This school year Student Nutrition Services will offer free meals to all SFUSD students regardless of family income. No application necessary. Breakfast and lunch will be served daily. Supper is available at SFUSD after school programs.
Save time and money by having your children take advantage of free school meals! Your participation keeps federal funds here in San Francisco and supports improvements in the school meal program.
Learn more about nutritious school meals at sfusd.edu/schoolfood.
Grab and Go meals will be discontinued in order to return to full meal service at schools. Call 311 or Text “Food” 877-877 to find other free food options for your family.
SFUSD provides safe and reliable transportation to and from school for eligible students and activities, including the following:
- Curb-to-curb transportation for students with IEPs
- Limited General Education busing prioritized for focal students, with capacity based on demand
- Site support for planning and scheduling of field trips
- Transportation bus service for paid, athletic, and art program trips
Muni will be extending its Free Muni for Youth program. All youth under the age of 19 will be able to ride Muni without proof of payment. Many routes will be restored and changed in August as schools reopen and School Trippers will be expanded. For more information about routes to school, visit SFMTA.com/Muni2School. For more information on Free Muni, visit SFMTA.com/FreeMUNI4Youth.
Stay in touch with us this school year!
There are many ways to stay in touch with SFUSD:
- Subscribe to the new weekly Family Announcement Bulletin (FAB) at sfusd.edu/FAB
- Subscribe to the monthly family newsletter at sfusd.edu/FamilyNewsletter
- Bookmark sfusd.edu and find your child’s school website by visiting sfusd.edu/school-finder
- Stay connected through ParentVUE
August 2021 Family Mailers
Get digital copies of the family mailer sent out to families in August 2021! Available in English, Español, 中文, عربي, Gagana Sāmoa, Tagalog, and Tiếng Việt.
This page was last updated on November 3, 2021