Salary & Benefits
SFUSD deeply values each and every employee. Given that, we prioritize providing competitive salaries and benefits for all employee classifications. Learn more here. We hope you join our team!
Eligible employees can enroll themselves and eligible family members in medical, dental, vision and Flexible Spending Account benefits. Enrollment or changes must take place within 30 days of start work date, no later than 30 days after a qualifying event, or during Open Enrollment in October.
- 2019 Health Benefits Guide
- SFUSD health/ medical benefits are offered via the San Francisco Health Service System (HSS).
- If you are a new employee or have a qualifying event and would like to change your plan, contact the Benefits Office for the appropriate forms.
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance Enrollment & Change Form
- Designating a Beneficiary: Your beneficiary designation for life insurance should be updated regularly. When you sign and date your life insurance enrollment form, the beneficiary designation you have made is legally binding until you complete a new form.
- To designate a new beneficiary, download the Life Insurance Enrollment and Change Form, complete it (including signature and date), and return it to the Benefits Office.
- Delta Dental
- Long-Term Disability Policy
- AFLAC (optional supplemental insurance) - CONFIRM BEST LINK
- Defined Contributions Plans
- Supplemental Retirement Options
- Go to www.403bcompare.com. Click on My Employer and choose San Francisco Unified School District to get started. Contact the vendor of your choice to open an account.
- For more information regarding 403b and 457 Plans, contact the Payroll Operations Department at 241-6114, ext. 307.
Sick Leave for All
- The Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014 (Labor Code §§ 245-249) provides paid sick leave for eligible employees who currently do not have a sick leave entitlement.
- Effective July 1, 2015, eligible employees are entitled to up to three (3) paid sick days or 24 hours in a 12-month period, for the diagnosis, care or treatment of a health condition, or for preventative care for an employee or an employee’s family member.
- For information about the procedures for notification, reporting and approval of paid sick leave reference the Guidelines For Reporting Sick Leave For All.
Salary & Benefits Contact Information
For questions about salary, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415)241-6101.
For questions about benefits, contact the Benefits Team at email@example.com or (415) 241-6101.
The Benefits and Leaves office accepts:
- Appointments: Monday through Thursday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm or Fridays
- Walk-Ins: Monday through Thursday 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm
For questions about paychecks or paystubs, contact the Payroll Department at (415) 241-6114.