Application forms and Documents for the 2020-21 school year
There is only one general enrollment application form for grades TK-12. Students new to SFUSD must submit the application form, along with all necessary documents, to the Educational Placement Center by January 17, 2020. Please see our additional application collection sites.
- General Enrollment Application for Grades TK-12 (Español | 中文 | Tiếng Việt | Tagalog | العربي)
- Lowell 9th Grade Application and Instructions (Español | 中文 | Tiếng Việt | Tagalog | العربي)
- Additional School Choices Form in English/Chinese/Spanish (Tiếng Việt | Tagalog | العربي)
- Application Revision Form in English/中文/Español (Tiếng Việt | Tagalog | العربي)
Note: Lowell High School 9th grade applicants must submit BOTH the general SFUSD Enrollment Application AND the Lowell 9th Grade Application by December 13, 2019.
- Lowell Band Summary (Español | 中文 |Sắp có tiếng việt |Malapit na Tagalog | قريبا العربية)
- Lowell Admissions Policy (Español | 中文 | Tiếng Việt | Tagalog | العربي)
- General Application Process (Español | 中文 | Tiếng Việt | Tagalog | العربي)
- Lowell 9th Grade Application Process (Español | 中文 | Tiếng Việt | Tagalog | العربي)
All-in-one Schools Map
English Learner Program Guides
J1 Visa Holders
Approved J1 exchange organizations must contact the Educational Placement Center directly.
- Application Form for J1 Visa Students (for approved J1 exchange organizations only)
Application forms for the 2019-20 school year
General application form for grades TK-12
This application form is used for current year enrollment. Besides the completed application form, families new to SFUSD must provide a parent's photo ID, student's proof of birth (birth certificate or hospital record), and one proof of San Francisco home address. All required documents must be submitted in person at the Educational Placement Center. New families will work with a placement counselor to find out the schools with space availability.
Application form for Pre-Kindergarten
Change of Address
Interdistrict Transfer Students
This form is for residents of San Francisco who wish to attend school in another district.
Students living outside of San Francisco who want to attend a SFUSD school must apply for an interdistrict transfer permit from the school district where they live. If the student’s district of residence approves the permit, it will be forwarded to the SFUSD EPC for approval. Students must submit a SFUSD enrollment application with their out-of-district address, and the documents needed for SFUSD enrollment.