Application Forms

Application forms for the 2019-20 school year

General application form for grades TK-12

There is only one general enrollment application form for grades TK-12. The application form, along with all necessary documents, must be submitted to the Educational Placement Center. 

Application form for Pre-Kindergarten

Lowell High School and Ruth Asawa School of the Arts application forms

Lowell High School and Ruth Asawa San Francisco School of the Arts (SOTA) are the only two high schools with additional application requirements.  

J1 visa holders


Enrollment guides for the 2019-20 school year

Enrollment Guides for Grades TK-12

Change of address

To change your address you will need to submit required documents and the change of address form to the Educational Placement Center. A Parent/Guardian must provide a picture ID and one (1) proof of home address that includes the name and address of the Parent/Guardian. 

Interdistrict Transfer Students

This form is for residents of San Francisco who wish to attend school in another district.                                           

Students living outside of San Francisco who want to attend a SFUSD school must apply for an interdistrict transfer permit from the school district where they live. If the student’s district of residence approves the permit, it will be forwarded to the SFUSD EPC for approval. Students must submit a SFUSD enrollment application with their out-of-district address, and the documents needed for SFUSD enrollment.

Application forms for the 2020-21 school year

The enrollment information, including enrollment guide and application, for the new 2020-21 school year will be available by October 19, 2019. Please check back later or come to the enrollment fair to learn more about the enrollment process and schools.