What is Early College?
Early College supports high school students to enroll in college classes at City College of San Francisco (CCSF). Tuition is free and textbooks are loaned for recommended courses.
What are the benefits of Early College?
- Gain college experience and earn credits with support from teachers and counselors.
- Practice successful college behaviors and explore possible career areas.
- Satisfy high school elective requirements. 1 college unit = 3.3 HS credits
- Stand out on college applications! Some courses may give you a bump in GPA.
- Save money! Some courses are UC/CSU transferable for general education credits.
Early College SFUSD
"[Early College was] an exciting new experience from regular high school life [and it] enables students to get a feel for college life and work."
"Early College helped me to see what college is like. So I wasn't surprised when I got there. I learned how to manage my time properly. Now I have more freedom, and in college it's your responsibility to do your own things."
"[Early College] helped me a lot. I got to know teachers that helped me when I got to CCSF. The topics are still useful for some of the classes I'm taking now."
"I like the college experience and felt good pushing myself to complete the work."
"I major in design studies [at college now]. I took Visual Media Design classes in Early College. Early College gave me an idea of what my major is going to look like, which gave me courage to choose this major."
College and Career Readiness
This page was last updated on January 3, 2023