High School Credit Recovery (HSCR) Established in 2013 to support all students to graduate
Provides multiple opportunities to retake courses or complete graduation requirements.
- Early intervention and multiple credit recovery options have improved on-time high school graduation
- 1 of 2 2018 graduates participated in a HSCR program
SFUSD and the Transitional Studies (TRST) Department of City College of San Francisco
Have partnered to offer credit recovery options for high-school students
Students have the opportunity to enroll in non-credit TRST courses free of charge in order to make up high-school courses and/or to earn credits to meet high school graduation requirements.
- Math, English, Science, History, and courses for English language learners.
- TRST courses are offered at various SFUSD and CCSF locations
Registration process: Talk to your high school counselor, who will work with students and families to register students
Credit recovery and credit-earning options are offered to high school students who:
- Need credit recovery (received a grade of F in the original course)
- Want to retake a course to improve grade (received a grade of D in the original course)
- Have not taken a required course for graduation
Talk to your high school counselor, who will work with students and families to register students
This page was last updated on October 19, 2021