Overview of Algebra 1
For the Algebra 1 course, instructional time should focus on four critical areas:
- develop a formal understanding of functions that include linear, quadratic, and exponential relationships;
- deepen and extend understanding of linear relationships and equations;
- apply linear models to data that exhibit a linear trend;
- rearrange expressions into equivalent forms and extend the laws of exponents to rational exponents; and
- engage in methods for analyzing, solving, and using quadratic functions.
Read the Algebra 1 Family Letters.
Visit the Algebra 1 Curriculum Portal.