Work Based Learning Summer Internships with Industry Partners
What is a Work Based Learning Internship?
An internship is an opportunity for high school students to expand their learning outside of the classroom.
What do you do in an internship?
- Work alongside industry mentors and explore careers
- Develop skills that will make you successful in college and your future career
- Network with professionals and peers
- Get PAID for working 20+ hours per week
Who is eligible for an internship?
Fellowships are intended for sophomores and juniors to extend their learning outside of the classroom. Priority will go to 11th grade students (rising seniors).
Six-week summer internships may be available in the following industry sectors:
- Automotive Technology
- Building & Construction Trades
- Computer Science
- Culinary Arts
- Environmental Science
- Game Design
- Health & Behavioral Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Media Arts
- Public Leadership Service
- Urban Agriculture
- Wilderness Arts & Literacy Collaboration
The Summer 2023 Interest Form will go live to all SFUSD High School students on February 1, 2023, and will remain open through February 28, 2023.
This page was last updated on January 20, 2023