Overview of Geometry
For the CCSS Geometry course, instructional time should focus on seven critical areas:
- apply linear equations and the Pythagorean Theorem to the coordinate plane
- establish criteria for congruence of triangles based on rigid motions;
- establish criteria for similarity of triangles based on dilations and proportional reasoning;
- prove theorems using logical arguments;
- informally develop explanations of circumference, area, and volume formulas;
- Identify relationships in circles and prove them; and
- extend work with probability.
Read the Geometry Family Letters.