High School Credit Recovery (HSCR) Established in 2013 to support all students to graduate
Provides multiple opportunities to retake courses or complete graduation requirements.
- Early intervention and multiple credit recovery options have improved on-time high school graduation
- About 50% of SFUSD graduates participated in a HSCR program
SFUSD and the Transitional Studies (TRST) Department of City College of San Francisco
Have partnered to offer credit recovery options for high-school students
Students have the opportunity to enroll in non-credit TRST courses free of charge in order to make up high-school courses and/or to earn credits to meet high school graduation requirements.
- Math, English, Science, History, and courses for English language learners.
Registration process: Talk to your high school counselor, who will work with students and families to register students
Credit recovery and credit-earning options are offered to high school students who:
- Need credit recovery (received a grade of F in the original course)
- Want to retake a course to improve grade (received a grade of D in the original course)
- Have not taken a required course for graduation
Talk to your high school counselor, who will work with students and families to register students
Credit Recovery Calendar
High School Credit Recovery Calendar
This page was last updated on August 15, 2023